|Published||October 2, 2023|
Enterprise Platforms DevOps team is seeking a Senior Engineer who is smart, curious and loves the challenge of solving problems that improve the experience for Mainframe Engineers. This position will have a very high visibility across other Application teams as well as other departments to drive changes and improvements. You will collaborate with a fun and close-knit Agile team to architect, implement, test, and continuously deliver new features and products to our engineers.
A new Senior DevOps Engineer position on the Enterprise Platform DevOps team will be a hands-on keyboard engineer focused on DevOps for Mainframe. Mainframe DevOps adoption has exploded over the past year and a half, with 99% of eligible system codes adopting ISPW and 90% of them using Certified Pipelines. This engineer will focus on the resiliency of the ISPW platform and pipelines, handle platform upgrades, be a resource to engineering teams in their releases, as well as help move Mainframe DevOps forward into automated testing practices. The engineer will also be involved in driving platform adoption across different engineering segments that are yet to make a switch. This person will be working as a Platform administrator.
- 5 or more years of experience designing, developing, and testing software applications and/or infrastructure on Mainframes with ZOS COBOL, JCL, DB2, CICS, SDF II, REXX, CLSTs, etc.
- Experience with Version Control/Change Management and deployment tools like BMC Compuware ISPW (Code Pipeline) or IBM Rational Product Suite or CA Endevor
- Experience with Jenkins for managing CI/CD Pipelines, and webhooks.
- Experience with code quality IDEs like Topaz Workbench, and Visual Studio Code for development
- Experience with Xpeditor, code coverage, program analysis for code debugging, and automated unit testing tools available in the market
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
- Drive automation wherever possible, have a shift left mentality
- Be open and available for possible on-call scenarios approximately once a month
- Experience with working in Agile or SAFe methodology or both
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to run large-scale projects
- Experience with ISPW
- Experience with Sonarqube
- Azure DevOps for work management.
- Administrator's experience
- Experience with technology solutions assessments and/or strategy planning oversight
- Ability to lead meetings and instruct development teams on best practices and enterprise processes
- Operate independently and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge of Postman, GitHub, ServiceNow
A Hybrid workstyle in Louisville, KY is preferred for this role. Remote eligible per manager discretion.
Work at Home Guidance
To ensure Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates’ ability to work effectively, the self-provided internet service of Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates must meet the following criteria:
• At minimum, a download speed of 25 Mbps and an upload speed of 10 Mbps is recommended to support Humana applications, per associate.
• Wireless, Wired Cable or DSL connection is suggested.
• Satellite, cellular and microwave connection can be used only if they provide an optimal connection for associates. The use of these methods must be approved by leadership. (See Wireless, Wired Cable or DSL Connection in Exceptions, Section 7.0 in this policy.)
• Humana will not pay for or reimburse Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates for any portion of the cost of their self-provided internet service, with the exception of associates who live or work from Home in the state of California, Illinois, Montana, or South Dakota. Associates who live and work from Home in the state of California, Illinois, Montana, or South Dakota will be provided a bi-weekly payment for their internet expense.
• Humana will provide Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates with telephone equipment appropriate to meet the business requirements for their position/job.
This is a remote position
Scheduled Weekly Hours