|Published||September 18, 2023|
Notes to applicants:
- This position is eligible for full-time remote work in Texas, or North Carolina, or, in the alternative, to work in accordance with Dimensional's best-of-both hybrid working model, which involves working in the office on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, and choosing to work in the office or remotely on Mondays and Fridays.
- Resumes and portfolios (when applicable) are required as part of your application. When applying from a mobile device or tablet, you may not be able to attach a resume. If you cannot include an attachment at the time of your application, you will receive a follow up email asking you to attach your resume from a computer.
- Here at Dimensional, we strive to be an inclusive workplace for all. Even if you do not match every qualification listed, if you are interested in who we are, what we do, and why we do it, we suggest and encourage you to apply.
- Dimensional was built around a set of ideas bigger than the firm itself. With a confidence in markets, deep connections to the academic community, and a focus on implementation, we go where the science leads, and continue to pursue new insights, both large and small, that can benefit our clients.
The Technology Department at Dimensional leverages the rapidly evolving the state of the art to engineer scalable, innovative, and research driven solutions to improve our client's financial lives. As part of the Technology department, the Application Development Teams focus on leading, designing and developing Dimensional' s applications and business processes across a variety of technical domains. Application teams use a variety of tools, processes, and systems to develop and manage code, build, test, integrate, deploy, and monitor software changes.
We are looking for a hands-on DevOps engineer to become part of our application development teams and take ownership of the DevOps process. The engineer will partner with developers, SREs and platform engineers to implement CI/CD pipelines which will include developing security controls, build configurations, integration processes, deployment pipelines as well as verification and monitoring capabilities. The engineer will help create a balanced DevOps pipeline that allows for a high deployment volume and applies the right level of quality and security controls at various stages of the process. This position includes supporting current capabilities in addition to evolving the overall DevOps and SRE culture, philosophy and toolsets.
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Are open-minded, curious, and resourceful.
- Are passionate about/stay current with modern technologies.
- Solve problems systematically and transparently.
- Share ideas, solicit/integrate feedback, design and solve collaboratively.
- Take a software engineering approach and demonstrate automation and security mindsets.
- What you might work on:
- Design, implement, and optimize modern DevOps processes and CI/CD pipelines.
- Write software for automation at each stage of the dev cycle including build, test, release, and deployment.
- Apply DevSecOps thinking to designing automated security and compliance controls into the CI/CD pipeline.
- Develop automation solutions using everything-as-code practices and tools.
- Collaborate across multiple technology and scrum teams to develop and drive the implementation of an effective DevOps strategy.
- Maintain, support and monitor application environments. Establish, track, adjust and report on DevOps and SRE metrics. Optimize systems and processes to improve the key metrics over time. Create telemetry and dashboards to monitor infrastructure & application health.
- Partner with test engineers to build automation and quality checks into the build pipeline in addition to writing test automation scripts.
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies and thought processes and drive changes to the DevOps and SRE philosophy, culture and tools.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 7+ years of experience designing, implementing, and supporting CI/CD systems and services as part of SRE or DevOps teams.
- Experience developing in Python and Ansible (or equivalents).
- Expert with git commands, branching strategies, and developer workflows
- Experience with security and monitoring tools.
- Experience with containerization tools such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Comfort with troubleshooting third party and open-source software systems.
- Deep familiarity with Linux/Bash (or equivalent) and/or Windows/Powershell.
- A good understanding of DevSecOps and SRE philosophies.
- Experience with agile/scrum methodologies and the tools that support them.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to communicate complex concepts to various audiences helping them to understand the benefits of technologies and recommended course of action.
- Preferred Competencies:
- Working knowledge of security best practices for SDLC (e.g., the Secure Software Development Framework).
- Experience with Github (or equivalent) and CI/CD tools including Github, Github Actions, Teamcity, Jenkins, CodeDeploy, and Octopus
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate Certification or equivalent.
- Financial services industry experience.
Dimensional offers a variety of programs to help take care of you, your family, and your career, including comprehensive benefits, educational initiatives, and special celebrations of our history, culture, and growth.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. The Company does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, covered veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status. This policy applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, hiring, training, job assignment, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfer, discipline, termination, and social and recreational programs.