|Date Posted||December 17, 2021|
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Our Chicago, IL location is currently looking for a well-qualified a Site Reliability Engineer to join our team working with the Big Data and Advanced Analytics group of Business Technology Service (BTS).
WHAT YOU’LL DO
This is a technical role with the candidate expected to be a critical contributor to building compelling data products. The individual will participate the development and deployment of system and software architecture to support data initiatives. She/he will also be responsible for supporting data platforms and products post-launch. The individual is responsible for facilitating continuous integration and continuous delivery of data products using the cutting-edge development operations (DevOps) tools and technology.
- The individual will be responsible for defining and maintaining the development and deployment infrastructure for various cloud-based as well as on-premise applications.
- The individual is responsible for root cause analysis including troubleshooting of build and deployment related issues.
- She/he will be responsible for creating and maintaining documentation for DevOps processes, tools and their usage.
- The individual will be responsible for ensuring the continuous improvement and evolution of software work products.
- The individual should independently conceive proposals and plans on continuous improvement of DevOps processes, tools and technologies.
- The individual is responsible for the design, development and commercialization of informatics products in compliance with internal policies and procedures, both US and Foreign regulatory standards and requirements.
- She/he is accountable for the development, operation and maintenance of continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) pipelines for projects under development and maintenance.
- The individual is accountable for ensuring the availability and reliability of development and collaboration tools and technologies.
- She/he is accountable for the configuration management of informatics programs and on-market products.
- The individual work closely with software developers on the maintenance and troubleshooting of applications.
- The individual must have prior experience operating in Scrum-based development teams.
- She/he will work with a broad range of technologists and support personnel both within and outside of Abbott
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- B.S. in Computer Science or similar engineering discipline including Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Biomedical Engineering is required. MS is in Computer Science or Software Engineering or Electrical Engineering is preferred. Associates Degree is acceptable.
- Experience covering the entire software lifecycle in a team-oriented environment.
- Advanced knowledge of Unix/Linux & Windows systems and internals.
- Knowledge with DevOps automation tools such as Terraform, AWS CloudFormation, Ansible etc.
- Working knowledge in container and container management technologies (Docker, Packer, Kubernetes, LinuxKit).
- Working knowledge in installing, configuring, and maintaining DevOps tools and technologies such as Confluence, JIRA, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Artifactory
- An advanced degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in a similar role, such as Systems Administrator or Site Reliability Engineer
- Candidate to possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Candidate to have advanced theoretical and working knowledge in configuration management, continuous integration and continuous deployment.
- Programming experience using shell scripting is required. Programming skills in one of Python, Golang or Nodejs is desired.
- Prior experience developing or working with Amazon Web Services (AWS) is highly desired.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.