|Date Posted||February 23, 2021|
ECS is seeking a Senior AWS DevOps Engineer to work in our Fairfax, VA office/Remotely.
We are looking for a Senior AWS DevOps Engineer to work in our Fairfax, VA office/ Remotely.
In order to meet the evolving needs of Federal Government, ECS has unique capabilities and expertise in Cloud Computing to help our customers achieve their goals and meet new Cloud-First mandates. Today, we stand out as a Cloud Leader.
ECS is an AWS Premier Partner and AWS Approved Reseller. We are also a certified Microsoft Cloud Deployment Partner and regularly team with MCS to offer customers total confidence in migration to Office 365. ECS is also member of the Microsoft Azure Circle partner program, able to assist customers in adopting IaaS and PaaS cloud solutions.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Senior AWS DevOps Engineer to join our team in supporting a large Federal Government program with the following roles and responsibilities:
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant hands-on experience including development, automation and monitoring of the business infrastructure architecture in AWS cloud
- Relevant hands-on experience collaboration with one or more external development teams
- Relevant hands-on experience working in DevOps environments for agile projects
- Experience with DevOps tools and technologies like Jenkins, Chef, and/or Ansible
- Strong knowledge of IP Networking including VPC's, VPN's, VRF, DNS, load-balancing, and firewalls.
- Experience with ADFS integration
- Experience with AWS Service Catalog and integration coordination with ServiceNow
- Demonstrated experience with the Software Development Lifecycle
- US Citizens and must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or similar preferred
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate certification or AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Specialty certification.
- Senior level devops experience with more than 3 years of infrastructure monitoring, and automation
- Experience and understanding of Infrastructure as Code, Automation, and Orchestration
- In depth knowledge and hands on experience with the full range of AWS cloud service providers/solutions
- Proven experience in assessment, evaluation, and documentation of client environment, infrastructure, processes, and operations
- Demonstrated experience automating production cloud workloads
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, GitHub or equivalent.
- Experience with AWS native CI/CD tools such as CodeCommit, CodeDeploy, CodePipeline, etc.
- Demonstrated Hands on experience developing solutions with cloud orchestration tools
- Strong scripting skills (Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash, Powershell, etc.)
- Ability to work efficiently and meet project deadlines with limited supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional certification
- General understanding of Microservices, such as Docker, Kubernetes
- Relevant experience leading teams of DevOps engineers on complex application development work
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.