|Published||September 17, 2023|
Senior Cloud DevOps Engineer with hands-on experience designing new and innovative solutions to support the SDLC and CI/CD needs of our software development teams. The ideal candidate will be a technical expert and business-savvy thought leader who will be responsible for transforming complex business requirements into simple and efficient technical solutions.
Develops well architected solutions, optimized for cost, operations, performance, reliability and security.
Designs target state Cloud Architecture, partnering with other areas, such as Cloud Network Architects, Cloud Data Architects, Cloud Security Architects, and Cloud Engineering and Development teams.
Builds Reusable Patterns for application development in the public cloud to deploy and modernize applications, provide governance around adoption, and influence application development teams on roadmaps and designs
Ensures all technical leaders have architected resilient and robust systems. May oversee technology assessments, technology strategy reviews, and provide internal consulting to ensure all areas are practicing sound architecture hygiene.
Translates complex ideas, technology, and programs into language senior management can relate to and performs as a key influencer on technical decisions that affect the business on a long-term basis.
Leads the Development of metrics and scorecards to influence the technology teams on industry best practices for cloud development.
Functions include interfacing with clients to identify specific system requirements and feasibility of solutions throughout lifetime of project.
Assists in troubleshooting of component applications and technologies.
Guides/provides direction for projects.
May perform as the Lead or technical subject matter expert.
Responsible for solving technical and complex problems for several projects.
- SAFe certification (Scaled Agile Framework)
- Microsoft DevOps Engineer certification
- Experience in Networking and/or Security beneficial
- Minimum 5+ years of DevOps experience and additional years with related software development and deployment experience
- Must have expert knowledge of designing, implementing, and deploying software using cloud native tools and automation
- Strong experience using Microsoft Azure
- Has hands-on experience using all aspects of Azure DevOps (Boards, Repos, Pipelines, Artifacts, Organizations, Projects)
- Has hands-on experience using GitHub
- Basic scripting skills with Python, Pearl, Rush, Go, or any modern languages (Python preferred)
- Experience architecting DevOps solutions for a variety of use cases, including web apps, low level systems, ETL workflows, and projects of all shapes and sizes
- Experience with maximizing security in the cloud and minimizing risk
- Experience promoting the use of industry standard best practices related to DevOps automation and CI/CD pipelines
- In-depth knowledge of Linux and Windows systems
- In-depth knowledge of agile best practices
- Familiar with common database technologies (Azure SQL, SQL Server, Oracle SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MariaDB, Redis, Casandra, etc.)
- Good consulting, communication, presentation skills -Experience suggesting/recommending competitive and innovative technical options, obtaining client buy-in and delivering on commitments