|Published||September 25, 2023|
There's never been a more exciting time to join United Airlines. We're on a path towards becoming the best airline in the history of aviation. Our shared purpose - Connecting People, Uniting the World - is about more than getting people from one place to another. It also means that as a global company that operates in hundreds of locations around the world with millions of customers and tens of thousands of employees, we have a unique responsibility to uplift and provide opportunities in the places where we work, live and fly, and we can only do that with a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. And we're growing - in the years ahead, we'll hire tens of thousands of people across every area of the airline. Our careers include a competitive benefits package aimed at keeping you happy, healthy and well-traveled. From employee-run "Business Resource Group" communities to world-class benefits like parental leave, 401k and privileges like space available travel, United is truly a one-of-a-kind place to work. Are you ready to travel the world?
We believe that inclusion propels innovation and is the foundation of all that we do. United's Digital Technology team spans the globe and is made up of diverse individuals all working together with cutting-edge technology to build the best airline in the history of aviation. Our team designs, develops and maintains massively scaling technology solutions brought to life with innovative architectures, data analytics, and digital solutions.
The Senior Cloud DevOps Engineer works with application developers to automate and accelerate the testing, release and deployment of applications into a runtime environment. The Senior Cloud DevOps Engineer has a background in development, operations, and full-stack software implementations. Is proficient in programming in a high-level language such as Ruby, Python, Java, C# or other language to script installation, configuration and provisioning. Provides continuous delivery solutions in a cloud environment and have experience with the core suite of tools used to manage AWS cloud infrastructure. The Senior Cloud DevOps Engineer establishes and employs Continuous Integration practices and tools such as GitAction, Harness, TeamCity, Jenkins or other CI tools. They configure management automation tools from AWS or other cloud providers in creating continuous delivery systems. Employs industry Continuous Delivery patterns and collaboratively work with other members to achieve successful continuous delivery solutions. The Senior DevOps Engineer is responsible for mentoring and teaching existing team members. Must clearly explain solutions to complex problems and demonstrate the ability to lead and impart knowledge effectively to junior resources.
- Collect DevOps automation requirements from development teams
- Design DevOps pipelines for applications based on existing company standards
- Build cloud infrastructure pipelines based on existing company standards
- Build CI/CD pipelines based on existing company standards for cloud applications
- Support and maintain existing infrastructure and CI/CD pipelines
- Train and mentor junior DevOps engineers
United values diverse experiences, perspectives, and we encourage everyone who meets the minimum qualifications to apply. While having the "desired" qualifications make for a stronger candidate, we encourage applicants who may not feel they check ALL of those boxes! We are always looking for individuals who will bring something new to the table!
What's needed to succeed (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, systems analysis or a related study, or equivalent experience
- 5 + years of experience spanning at least two IT disciplines, including technical architecture, application development, or operations
- Experience optimizing applications, both stand-alone and in distributed systems to improve performance
- Experience maintaining an infrastructure and ensuring stability while adding new features
- Familiarity with a broad portfolio of AWS infrastructure tools (EBS, S3, EC2, Elastic IP, Route 53, VPC) and experience with cloud infrastructure management and automation technologies
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
- Comfort with frequent changes in priorities
- Ability to clearly articulate design and implementation choices
- Continuous integration tools such as TeamCity, Jenkins, or similar
- Scripting (Bash, Python, Pearl) skills for monitoring and automation
- Possess a solid grasp of automation tools
- Manage source control including SVN and GIT
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
What will help you propel from the pack (Preferred Qualifications):
- Experience leading small teams
United Airlines is an equal opportunity employer. United Airlines recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical ability, age, veteran status and other protected status as required by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions. Please contact [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] to request accommodation.