|December 11, 2023
At Cast & Crew, we've empowered creativity and supported the global entertainment industry for decades. Together with our family of brands - Backstage, CAPS, Checks & Balances, Final Draft, Media Services, Sargent-Disc, and The TEAM Companies - we operate as a combined entertainment technology and services provider offering industry standard screenwriting accounting software, digital payroll products, data & reporting, and a host of creative tools. The industry continues to move faster than ever, and the need for our expertise, our technology, and our people has never been greater. We are a production's best ally every step of the way. #OneCastOneCrew
About Cast & Crew
We grew from a modest small business in 1976 to be the premiere provider of entertainment technology and solutions, staying true to our mission of modernizing content production and leading the digital transformation within the industry. Our cloud-based solutions and industry expertise help streamline the entire production lifecycle and have revolutionized how content is made. We now have a global workforce across a host of storied brands, spanning all areas of produced and live entertainment, from film, television, streaming, to advertising, live events, and short-form.
Sr. DevOps Engineer
The Senior DevOps Engineer plays a key role in automating our multiple development pipelines that flow into AWS, Azure, Google Cloud and Oracle Cloud. This position will be responsible for changing the delivery of Infrastructure Services to a highly automated and efficient platform
The ideal candidate is driven to learn and teach others and understand s software development (Dev), but enjoy s all the things necessary to improv e deploying, monitoring, and operating production services (Ops).
- Provide thought and subject matter leadership in DevOps , including managing multi-cloud i nfrastructure, advising development managers in structuring and sizing their plans, and raise red flags on faulty models or assumptions to prevent misguided implementation.
- Provides full stack tier 1-3 technical support to technology teams and other business units
- Introduces and integrates new technologies into existing computing environments.
- Automate release deployments across all stacks and optimize for scalability, efficiency, and security.
- Develop effective tooling to accelerate deploy and release management.
- Analyzes system logs and identifies potential issues with computer systems.
- Develop infrastructure standards and best practices with a proclivity towards automation.
- Designs and implements server-based solutions in a DevOps/high-availability environment.
- Configure, maintain and identify dependencies, potential conflicts, document ing process and track ing deployment schedule s .
- Manage the configuration and up-time of all environments and micro- services.
- Design, implement, and maintain highly available infrastructures.
- Build and implement monitoring and logging services.
- Work with application engineering to cultivate operational standards.
- Continually manage all cloud assets to ensure right-sized and minimize sprawl .
- Ensures all processes and technology meet all required SOC1, SOC2 compliance (at a security minimum) and delivers evidence and artifacts during audits.
- Design and implement a DR / remote service strategy.
- Performs routine audits of systems and software, as well as capacity planning and analysis.
- Interfaces with staff assigned to applications development to maintain familiarity with application development.
- Work with Infrastructure and Operations for the implementation of ITIL concepts and tools .
- Remain current on broad technology infrastructure changes in the industry , applying to cost -savings or competitive advantage .
- Intergrade with developers and configuration management team to implement best practices .
- Cross collaboration with development team in bug management and feature release and git branching strategy.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- 5+ years working in an Agile dev environment as a member of a DevOps team .
- 5+ years' experience managing/monitoring cloud and virtualized servers for optimal performance while working in a Platform as a Service (PaaS) environment.
- Direct experience engineering a major DevOps implementation.
- Experience with cloud tools EC2, RDS, S3, Directory Services, Route53, ELB, CloudFront , AMI
- Hands-on experience building automated Linux infrastructure on cloud platforms.
- Strong experience with release pipelines, including blue/green deployments.
- PowerShell, Continuous Delivery pipeline - Docker, Jenkins, GitHub
- Knowledge of security practices, networking protocols, firewalls, SOC compliance, etc.
- Long-term thinker who is committed to excellence, teamwork, and the professional growth of their peers.
- Interpersonal skills to include effective verbal and written communication with staff, key leaders and other departments.
Special Work Conditions
- Occasional on-call required .
- Sedentary - Involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Some positions may entail exerting up to 15 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force to lift, carry, push, or pull.
Compensation is commensurate with various factors including, but not limited to, relevant experience, qualifications, skills, training, licensure, certifications, geographic cost of labor, and other business and organizational needs. Compensation range for candidates in other locations may differ based on the cost of labor in that location.
The compensation range for this position is:
$110,000 - $160,000 USD
Cast & Crew provides a comprehensive package of employee benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, health and wellness programs, employee discounts, and more! Note: Cast & Crew benefits are subject to eligibility requirements.
Due to the high volume of applicants, it is likely that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CA residents: Your personal information may be collected in connection with certain services provided by Cast & Crew or its affiliated companies. A summary of your California privacy rights can be found at: www.castandcrew.com/privacy-policy/
Cast & Crew is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.