|Published||October 1, 2023|
Why join Nextech?
We are a leader in specialty healthcare technology solutions, headquartered in Tampa, FL.
We are an ever-growing team, guided by our iCREATE values of Integrity, Collaboration, Respect, Empowerment, Accountability, Trust, and Excellence. We hold these values in high regard and are driven to succeed in all we do.
We're committed to hiring and retaining talent, which is why we invest in our employees through competitive pay, a generous bonus structure, great healthcare, a comprehensive wellness program, and many other benefits.
If you are a software engineer, finance or accounting professional, customer support specialist, or a business development expert with a passion for healthcare technology (just to name a few), we want to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics are encouraged to apply. If you are a candidate in need of assistance or an accommodation in the application process, please contact [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
The Senior DevOps Engineer role focused continually improving Nextech's operations, infrastructure, and automation. In collaboration with DevOps Engineers, Software Development Engineers and Cloud Engineers, you will support our efforts to deliver high-quality, high-value, scalable solutions to our customers.
All activities must be in compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity laws, HIPAA, ERISA and other regulations, as appropriate.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design, build, and maintain a robust and scalable DevOps infrastructure, including continuous integration and deployment pipelines, configuration management, monitoring, and alerting systems.
- Build a relationship with the Engineering teams by understanding their stack, code, and its dependencies to build a robust platform infrastructure.
- Design and deploy highly available, scalable, and secure cloud infrastructure using industry best practices leveraging the Cloud Adoption Framework.
- Enhance and leverage monitoring solutions to identify opportunities for improvement in our platform & infrastructure.
- Participate in day-to-day operations to ensure stability, reliability, and availability of infrastructure, applications, and services for our customers.
- Find opportunities for continuous improvement in processes.
- Provide recommendations for improvement of infrastructure, stability, reliability, and performance as required by business needs.
- Drive collaboration and knowledge sharing by mentoring team members, conduct training sessions, and provide technical guidance and support.
- Work alongside the Engineering teams to create the deployment model/ strategies (CI/CD) and capacity planning for Dev, QA, Staging, and Production environments.
- Continually improve automation across CI/CD pipelines, infrastructure management, and configuration management
- Own & drive the projects from end to end independently.
- Provide support and assistance on any critical issues in a timely manner.
- Continuously look for ways to optimize and streamline our infrastructure to facilitate a seamless experience for our customers.
- 5+ years of DevOps Experience
- Strong understanding of Azure or AWS
- Proven record of implementing DevOps in a Windows-based environment
- Experience automating the creation of infrastructure through tools such as Terraform
- Experience implementing configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, or Chef
- Experience building secure CI/CD pipelines leveraging tools like Azure DevOps, TeamCity, or Jenkins
- Experience with at least 1 scripting or programming such as PowerShell, Python, .NET,
- Hands-on experience working with APM solutions such as Dynatrace, Datadog or New Relic
- Experience working in an Agile method environment
- At least one Cloud related certification
Working Environment/Physical Demands
- General office environment: Works generally at a desk in a well-lighted, air-conditioned cubicle/office, with moderate noise levels.
- Long-distance or air travel as needed - not to exceed 10% travel.
- Periods of stress may occur.
- Activities require a significant amount of sitting at office and work desks and in front of a computer monitor.
- Some walking and standing relative to interaction with other personnel
- Employee Assistance Program with free counseling sessions available
- Flexible Time Off: take time off when you need it without worrying about available hours
- 10 paid holidays + 1 floating holiday
- Generous annual bonus opportunity
- iCREATE Employee Recognition Program
- Insurance: Choice of Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
- Wellness Program including discounts on medical premiums
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Volunteer Time Off
- 100% Company-Paid Parental leave
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- 100% Company-Paid Life Insurance and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
- Company-Sponsored 529 College Savings Plan
- Corporate Discounts on Retail, Travel, and Entertainment
- Pet Insurance options