|Date Posted||January 14, 2022|
Careers at Rally Health, part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses. Our mission at Rally is to empower individuals to take control of their health through personalized, data-driven health care information and recommendations that lead to better outcomes. We leverage our digital platform and leading-edge technology to make health care data accessible wherever and whenever people need it, all while ensuring safety and reliability. Here, you’ll help people find the right doctors, give them a clear breakdown of costs, incentivize them to stay focused on their overall health with daily goals, and help them earn rewards such as discounts on a wide range of goods as well as bonuses for reaching fitness objectives. As part of our Rally team, you’ll have the opportunity to drive change with an innovative healthcare technology company that is dedicated to creating a culture of healthy living. Help us bring real change to healthcare and you’ll experience what it’s like to do your life's best work.(sm)
Join us as a Sr DevOps engineer on a team that supports our production infrastructure. While the term DevOps means a lot of things to different people, we think about it more along the lines of a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE). Within this role, you will design new solutions for our Kubernetes-based platform using a modern set of technologies (AWS, Kubernetes, Terraform, and Ansible), and participate in an on-call rotation that emphasizes ample time away from notifications. You will report to a DevOps Engineering Manager.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Administer AWS resources using modern Infrastructure-as-Code tooling (Terraform, Ansible)
- Create and own platform level services on top of Kubernetes (FluentD, Datadog, Go)
- Develop automation scripts by submitting PRs and participating in code reviews (Github)
- Build monitors and alerts that keep uptime high and production incidents low (Splunk, Datadog, Cloudwatch)
Participate in a shared on-call rotation that rewards proactivity and de-emphasizes "heroing" (PagerDuty).We handle healthcare data, so you'll observe HIPAA and related laws
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 2+ years of experience with a modern programming language (Go, Python, Ruby, Java, etc)
- 1+ years of experience with a cloud provider such as AWS
- 1+ years of experience with containerization technology (Docker, Nomad, containerd, cri-o, etc)
- 1+ years of experience working with Kubernetes
- 1+ years of experience building infrastructure thru code with tools such as Terraform, Pulumi, CloudFormation, AWS CDK, etc.
- 5+ years of experience with a modern programming language (Go, Python, Ruby, Java, etc)
- 4+ years of experience with containerized workloads (Docker or otherwise)
- 4+ years of experience with a cloud-native platform (AWS, Azure, GCE)
- 4+ years of experience troubleshooting Linux hosts through command line (Ubuntu, Amazon Linux2, shell)
- 2+ years of experience operating container hosting platforms (Kubernetes, AWS EKS, GKE or AKS)
- 2+ years of experience leading infrastructure projects and working with application teams (DevOps / SRE)
- Experience operating and administering a service mesh such as Istio or LinkerD
- Experience operating and administering Hashicorp Vault
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The Salary range for Colorado residents is $53,300 to $95,100. The Salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $58,800 to $104,600 Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Sr DevOps Engineer, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote