|Published||January 13, 2023|
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
We have an opening for a Staff DevOps Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals in the Tactical Space organization. This position will be located in Dulles, VA. This work will primarily be performed in a SCIF environment so onsite work is required.
In this role you will:
- Automate cloud native technologies, deploy applications, and provision critical infrastructure
- Work with microservices and distributed application architecture, such as containers, Kubernetes, and/or serverless technology
- Work within the OpenStack cloud ecosystem to configure and deploy optimized infrastructure
- Ensure monitoring and health of the resources deployed via Nagios or other enterprise management solutions
- Document procedures used during deployment cycles
- Experience with operational monitoring tools
- Work with the fellow devops team and play a mentoring role to cross-train and grow technical talent across DevOps team and assist in troubleshooting tasks
- Implement clean and maintainable infrastructure-as-code that adheres to industry best practices, terraform
To be successful in this role you should have:
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with quick turnaround times and shifting priorities
- Proven troubleshooting skills and willingness to take on unfamiliar challenges
- 7+ years of experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Terraform, & Ansible
- 7+ years of experience in Linux tools/automation and shell scripting
- 3+ years of experience in Python
- 3+ years of experience with OpenStack management
- 5+ years of experience with Docker containerization, Kubernetes (K8s) preferred
- 7+ years of experience with continuous integration/deployment tools such as Jenkins or GitLab
- 7+ years creating, executing, and troubleshooting complex, automated processes used to configure servers and/or deploy code
In this role, you will support 5 High-Side DevOps team members and will become the domain SME and technical lead for this team.
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM field (ideally Computer Science or Engineering) and 14 years of experience; OR a Master's degree and 12 years: OR a PhD and 9 years. Experience can be considered in lieu of degree
- 7+ year(s) of DevOps or software development experience
- 7+ years in a technical leadership role managing technical objectives and Jira metrics reporting
- U.S. Citizenship with a current or active Top Secret clearance.
The Northrop Grumman Tactical Space Division is a strategic partner specializing in commercial and classified partnerships with the design, delivery, operation and sustainment of satellites and human spacecraft. We support science and space exploration through our various partnerships, including NASA's Artemis program with the goal to return humans to the Moon in 2024 and the TESS (Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite) program that has discovered more than twenty confirmed plants. Recognized as an industry leader, we also develop highly specialized space and satellite components.
Northrop Grumman offers a competitive and robust benefits program.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
Dental & Vision coverage
Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
Paid Time Off
Health & Wellness Resources
Flexible Schedules (For example the ability to work a 9/80 work schedule, which allows an employee to work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday and take every other Friday off of work)
For more details please visit our total rewards site or chat with one of our recruiters to learn more.
Salary Range: $156,000 USD - $234,000 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.