Systems Administrator (DevOps)
|Published||March 24, 2023|
- Location: Reston, Virginia
- Type: Contract
- Job #2361
Title: Systems Admin/DevOps Engineer
*Clearance: *Active TS/SCI w/ Polygraph needed to apply *
Cornerstone Defense, in partnership with our military, intelligence, and civil government customers, supports U.S. operations worldwide through the use of many different types of intelligence, satellite, and cyber technologies. Cornerstone's Intelligence Sector provides solutions to the United States Government for information collection, operations, exploitation and dissemination, and research activities. Our Team specializes in software development, cloud architecture, systems and network engineering, systems integration, agile management, as well as targeting operations and intelligence analysis. Our support to our mission customers includes cyber network operations, exploitation and defense, signals intelligence, human intelligence, and critical missions and networks.
Systems Administrator (DevOps)
Seeking a Systems Administrator responsible for working closely with Customer Engagement project teams to provide first line support for customer implementations.
The selected candidate will provide support for customer deployments and assist with installation and administrative configuration as required. Candidate will assist with triaging and routing incoming requests, troubleshooting applications or environment issues and remediating them. Acting as the initial point of contract for the customer, the candidate will work closely with project team to advance solutions requested by the customer.
- Work directly with the DevOps team and Senior DevOps manager to understand system deployment and installation processes.
- Provide system auditing and
- Manage all computer systems and oversee the daily performance, analyzing for issues and inefficiencies.
- Provide Tier-2 support to resolve any help desk tickets, calls and/or change requests where installation/application configuration may be an issue.
- Respond to user issues, answering inquiries and resolving more complicated issues firsthand.
- Maintain records of system performance, combining raw information into a useful and beneficial performance report for monthly board meetings.
- Create training material whenever new recruits are hired to explain the correct and most efficient way to operate the implemented systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3 - 7 years' experience in development and operations, or related IT, computer, or operations field.
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in a high availability environment.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment for a matrixed organization.
- Experience with Microsoft operating systems/Windows environments.
- Previous experience with software development, infrastructure development, and operations or working in an IT department.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Proven ability to communicate technical details to a non-technical audience.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong team player that is willing to always help other team members.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Experience with the customer's data transfer process (DTO)
- Experience with AWS infrastructure and AWS cloud environment deployments
- Experience with DevOps processes, tools and implementations
- Knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Lifecycle or commercial contracting
- Knowledge of Federal financial systems or commercial accounting
- Experience with Federal government contracting and/or program office organizations business processes